TNT Airways S.A. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the TNT Express.
Our main activity is to provide TNT Express with a safe, reliable and cost effective air freight network connecting daily all TNT Express locations throughout the world and more specifically in Europe.
TNT Airways is part of TNT Global Air Network included in the TNT Express Global Networks & Operations functional unit.
Our core activity allows us to offer our fleet resources and services to third parties such as ACMI contract to airlines, scheduled and unscheduled air cargo services, specialised charters and passenger operations.
Our scope of operation and approval allows us to conduct any Scheduled and Unscheduled Cargo air services worldwide.
- 11 BAe 146-200/300
- 14 Boeing 737-300/400SF
- 1 Boeing 757-200Combi
- 3 Boeing 777-200 LRF
- 4 Boeing 747-400 ERF
TNT launched a new brand identity. The new brand highlights TNT's dedicated employees and unique European road network.
- In January, the two divisions, TNT Post and TNT Express, split to create two separate
companies.The split will be effective on the 1st of May 2011.
- TNT expends its long haul network with a five day per week air cargo service linking Moscow
and its main European hub Liege as well as with a direct flight between Chongqing and Liège.
The same year, the company introduces three Boeings 777 in his fleet (delivery in 2011)
- First flight Liege - Hong Kong with a B747
- Phase out of the A300 from the fleet
- First flight between Liege - Singapore - Shanghai with a B747
- First flight Liege - Shanghai with a B747
- Entry into service of the second B747-400ERF
- TNT Airways introduces in its fleet a BAe146 QC.
- TNT Airways introduces its first wide body aircraft, a Boeing B747-400 ERF.
- Entry into service of 1st B737-300 in passenger version.
- TNT Airways introduces a first B737 QC.
- Cat III approval for B737 operations extended to Passager Charter Services.
- TNT Airways is granted passenger transport approval - AOC and Air Transport Licence are modified accordingly - and starts its passenger charter operations for Club Med to different Mediterranean destinations.
- CAT II for A300 operation.
- KLM Engineering awarded in the maintenance support agreement for TNT Airways Boeing 737-300 SF.
- Introduction in service of its first Boeing 737-300 SF.
- Recognized as JAR-Ops 1 (European Safety Standard) compliant. AOC updated accordingly.
- TRTO approval extended to include the Boeing 737-300.
- US Department of Transport and FAA approval to conduct operation with intermodal capability between the US and Belgium.
- Licence by Liege Airport Company (SAB) to provide ramp handling services to 3rd party carriers whether passenger or cargo operators.
- TRTO approval extended to include the Boeing 747-400 ERF.
- Code share agreement with China Southern for a daily B747 freighter service between Liege, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
- TRTO (Type Rating Training Organisation) approvals allowing in-house crew training for the A300, BAe146 and extended to training of instructors and examiners.
- Recognised as Scheduled Operator by Belgian Authorities.
- First BAe 146-300 QT Type Certification in Belgium.
- Air Carrier Operating Certificate. TNT Airways resumes air operations immediately between Liege and Vienna with its first BAe 146-300 QT.
- Introduction of its first Airbus A300B4F into service.
- Full member of IATA (Carrier Code 3V).
- CAT II approval for BAe 146 operations (Low Visibility Operations).
- Extension of its operation area from European coverage to Worldwide coverage.
- TNT Airways is founded and incorporated in Belgium.
- AOC and Air Transport Licence application with the Belgian Authorities.